- Chop up Piloncillo with hammer or knife. Heat for easier slicing.
- Combine water, Piloncillo, cinnamon, orange peel, and cloves in saucepan. Put over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Stir, then reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until the Piloncillo is dissolved, or for approximately 6-7 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir coffee into the mixture. Cover saucepan and let steep for 5 minutes.
- Strain into bowl or pitcher using the fine mesh strainer.
- Pour into 4 mugs, add a cinnamon stick into each for a finishing touch.
(makes 4 cups of coffee)
4 cups water
3 ounces Piloncillo OR tbsp. brown sugar
4 tbsp. of ground Mandela Coffee
4 small cinnamon sticks
1 orange peel